[MOAB-dev] questions about coupler

魏华祎 huayiwei1984 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:45:09 CDT 2015

Hi, Moab Developers,

I have two questions about coupler. There is only one IntegType in
coupler which is VOLUME. So my first question is, does
the `normalize_mesh` work on 2d quad mesh which is just a surface
mesh? when I use it on my quad mesh,  I get result like
`normalization_factor=0'.

```
     mbc->normalize_mesh(src_mesh, tagName.c_str(), Coupler::VOLUME, 4);
     mbc->normalize_mesh(tar_mesh, tagName.c_str(), Coupler::VOLUME, 4); //
```

After I locate the positon of some points in source mesh, how to get
the quad cell handle in the source mesh which one point
locate in? Or how to get the points which locate in a given quad cell
of source mesh.

 I try to use TupleList, but I am confused about the usage of TupleList.

```
     TupleList tl;
     mbc->locate_points(vpos.data(), num_of_points, 0.0, toler, &tl);
```

Thanks for your help.

Best

Huayi