[MOAB-dev] Periodically flushing tags to disk?

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 2 10:07:46 CDT 2015

Hello,

AFAIK, Moab does not offer a way to write only tags on a file.
There is a way to write only selected mesh sets and selected tags
virtual ErrorCode write_file( const char* file_name,
                                  const char* file_type = 0,
                                  const char* options = 0,
                                  const EntityHandle* output_sets = 0,
                                  int num_output_sets = 0,
                                  const Tag* tag_list = 0,
                                  int num_tags = 0 );

If output_sets is 0, complete mesh is written

if tag_list is 0, all tags pertinent to the mesh entities in "output_sets" are written

If tags_list is not NULL, and contains an array of tags, only those will be written to the file

After writing this file, you may delete the tags to free up memory

Not sure if this helps your scenario

Thanks,
Iulian