[MOAB-dev] mbconvert from abaqus to h5m

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 22 10:58:58 CDT 2015

Hi Jake,
It is still not clear what do you plan to do with the h5m file. Will you use moab to read it back?

Right now, as I said before, it is trying to read part or assemblies, and it is creating a hierarchy, using sets in moab,
that encapsulates also information from "*NSET"s and "*ELSET"s.
We can probably change it to read directly nodes and elements, without searching first for parts and assemblies, and
then creating the sets.

We are also saving some attributes/tags to the sets, like type and name.

prism 15 and hexa 20 are currently skipped

I started a branch, we will need to work more on it.

https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/moab/pull-request/105/abaqus-reader-fixes

Iulian