[MOAB-dev] Setting connectivity for single vertex

Paul Wilson ppwilson at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:33:34 CST 2015

Hi Vijay,

I had the same thought and took a quick look.  Much of the
infrastructure is there, namely, that the VTK writer appears to already
know how to write out nodes as 1-vertex elements.

What is missing is to include the list of vertices among the list of
elements to be written.  This happens near lines 144 & 180 in
src/io/WriteVTK.cpp.  I think it would need very few changes to make it
serve Michael's needs, but a little more work and testing to be
implemented as an option.

There would also emerge questions about how to implement the option:

  * when invoked, always write all vertices as 1-vertex elements, or
  * when invoked, only write vertices that lack higher-dimension
    connectivity as 1-vertex elements

The former is quick and easy, but only serves the special case when a
model has only unconnected vertices.

Paul