[MOAB-dev] thread safety

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:19:37 CDT 2014

Lorenzo, we are starting to invest time into making MOAB completely
thread-safe. As Iulian mentioned, if you have immediate needs, the
best method would be to stick with the *_iterate calls that basically
just query the contiguous arrays in memory. If you see any
inconsistent behaviors, please do send us a small test case so that we
can replicate it.

We are planning to verify the API functions in Core/Interface and
ParallelComm as a first step in preparation for the next minor
release, some time around Dec, 2014. If you have contributions, those
would be much appreciated too. Also, if there are other API functions
that pose a priority, let us know.

Vijay