[MOAB-dev] DMMOAB (PETSc 3.5.1)

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:58:20 CDT 2014

> DMMoabCreateVector(dm, existing_tag, PETSC_NULL, PETSC_TRUE, PETSC_FALSE, &X)

Yes, this should preserve the values in X vector. There is currently
an implementation quirk that underneath the MOAB specific Vec, we
check whether the local entities (vertices) are numbered contiguously
so that tag_iterate can be used. If that's not the case, it actually
creates a native PETSc Vec underneath and manages the memory through
that. I am working on a patch to remove this limitation but I'm not
sure whether you have hit this issue now.

Can you just verify whether your local vertices in the mesh per
processor are contiguously arranged ? i.e.,

P1: (1-10) P2: (11-20) instead of P1: (1-5,11-15), P2: (6-10, 16-20)

I will let you know once this patch is ready (along with a PR to track
in PETSc) so that you can try it out.

Vijay