[MOAB-dev] Conventions for naming entity sets

Timothy Tautges timothy.tautges at cd-adapco.com
Wed Jul 16 13:08:09 CDT 2014

I recommend using the NAME conventional tag, which is described in the
documentation.  One current shortcoming is that that tag is fixed size (32
bytes); that convention was established before we had variable-length tags,
which would be a better solution.  I don't recommend a new tag for each new
name, as getting the name for an entity in that case would be impossible
without already knowing the name itself, in which case you don't need to
query it.