[MOAB-dev] Cohesive elements

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk Lukasz.Kaczmarczyk at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:07:59 CDT 2014

Hello,

This is not directly in moab, but moab is essential part of FE package which I develop. I have cohesive elements there.
Cohesive elements are implemented for arbitrary polynomial order. Interface elements are implemented using squashed prisms.

In
https://bitbucket.org/likask/mofem-joseph/wiki/Home#markdown-header-documentation

Interface is implemented here,
https://bitbucket.org/likask/mofem-joseph/src/5384a03f8517388a22609e24d055a69decb2e08a/mofem_v0.1/student_body/NonLinearFEMethodInterface.hpp?at=release

Example with acr-length control is here,
https://bitbucket.org/likask/mofem-joseph/src/5384a03f8517388a22609e24d055a69decb2e08a/mofem_v0.1/examples/arc_length_nonlinear_interface/arc_length_interface.cpp?at=release

Regards,
Lukasz Kaczmarczyk

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." -- Niels Bohr
"... there are dark corners in the Bourne shell, and people use all of them." --Chet Ramey

HomePage:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/staff/lukaszkaczmarczyk/

MoFEM JosePH (Finite Element System)
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoFEM_JosePH