[MOAB-dev] In PyTAPS, how to create edge entities by pytaps?

Paul Wilson wilsonp at engr.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 18 07:38:16 CDT 2014

Hi Huayi,

I think the issue is that MOAB (the underlying mesh database for this
iMesh implementation) tries to conserve memory by not actually creating
entities at every dimension.  When reading a VTK file, the vertices,
faces and elements are explicitly generated, with the other entities
defined implicitly by their connectivity.

It may be necessary to build these entities explicitly in order to get a
count using some of the get_adjacency calls to determine the
connectivity of the mesh.

Paul

--
Paul Wilson ~ UW-Madison ~ 608-263-0807 ~ cal: http://bit.ly/pphw-cal