[MOAB-dev] PyTAPS Issues

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:11:05 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Vijay S. Mahadevan <vijay.m at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Anthony/Andrew, can we find out exactly why the interfaces are broken
> with 4.6.3 ? I would like to keep PyTaps updated and working with the
> latest MOAB sources. Contributions welcome :)

I agree and would like to keep this up-to-date.  Andy, do you know / recall
the precise reason for the breakage?  Was this on purpose?

> Also, why is the --enable-shared a required condition for the dependencies
> ?

Vijay, this is a Python thing.  Python needs to be able to dynamically load
its modules.  Since we don't compile MOAB, etc into PyTAPS this means that
MOAB etc need to be shared objects.

Be Well
Anthony