[MOAB-dev] Discussion on return type of MOAB routines

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Jan 21 11:58:10 CST 2014

"Tim Tautges (ANL)" <tautges at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> Finally, as I've said before, the size of these objects being returned will be small except in non-success conditions,

What does this mean?  The caller has to know the size of the object
being returned.  It looks like you are returning objects rather than
pointers, so the object has to be completely defined.  It could contain
pointers to "more", but then that "more" would have to be allocated
somewhere on the heap so that it is accessible from parent scopes.