[MOAB-dev] Get all entities with a particular tag and check if entity is tagged

Milad Fatenejad icksa1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:20:39 CDT 2012

Hello:

I have two questions:

1. Is there a general way to get all entities with a particular tag
applied? I've seen get_entities_by_type_and_tag, so I guess one could
repeatedly call this function with each entity type. I've also seen
get_entities_by_handle which would give all entities in a range. Is there a
way to filter the range by tag?

2. Is there a way to check if an entity has a particular tag applied? Right
now, I am calling tag_get_data then checking if moab::MB_TAG_NOT_FOUND is
returned. Is this the proper thing to do? My understanding is the same
error code is returned if the tag itself does not exist (i.e. an invalid
tag handle is passed in)...

Thanks
Milad