[MOAB-dev] Moab Paraview plugin will not compile

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Mon Oct 8 12:16:39 CDT 2012

My apologies for posting here if it's not the right venue.  I could not find another resource through Google or locally.  BTW, the pointers to the package owners in the README leads to a dead link:
"Users are encouraged to check
http://cubit.sandia.gov/moab often for news and updates."

Riiight.  Anyhow, I found you!  Ha.

A user of our clusters at LLNL has asked if I would compile the MOAB Paraview plugin.
So I tried this:

tar -xzf moab-4.5.0.tar.gz
pushd moab-4.5.0
./configure  --prefix=/nfs/tmp2/rcook/ParaView/moab-plugin/install-dir
make -j
pushd tools/vtkMOABReader/
cmake -DParaView_DIR=/nfs/tmp2/rcook/ParaView/moab-plugin/Paraview-BuildDir/src/ParaView-3.14.0-Build/ .

When I did so, I got the following error.  Can someone help me?  :-)
Thanks!

+ cmake -DParaView_DIR=/nfs/tmp2/rcook/ParaView/moab-plugin/Paraview-BuildDir/src/ParaView-3.14.0-Build/ .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (INCLUDE):
  include could not find load file:

    /tmp/dpkg-mkdeb.eHKBP8GXWA/src/ParaView-3.14.0-Source/ParaViewUse.cmake

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN):
  Unknown CMake command "ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN".

✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Bldg-453 Rm-4024, Mail Stop L-557
7000 East Avenue,  Livermore, CA, 94550, USA
☎ (office) (925) 423-9605
☎ (fax) (925) 423-6961
---
Information Management & Graphics Grp., Services & Development Div., Integrated Computing & Communications Dept.
(opinions expressed herein are mine and not those of LLNL)