[MOAB-dev] Changes in DagMC

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 13 14:26:59 CDT 2012

DagMC.hpp provides convenience functions for querying various metadata properties on surfaces and volumes.  We have implemented a new standard for this feature, one that abandons "fixed" metadata (like is_spec_reflect() for reflective surfaces) in favor of allowing client applications to define and use their own metadata.  The result is a cleaner DagMC interface with fewer client-specific notions baked in.

This change will involve the removal of the following public functions from DagMC.hpp:

DagMC::write_mcnp()
DagMC::get_volume_metadata()
DagMC::get_graveyard()
DagMC::is_graveyard()
DagMC::is_spec_reflect()
DagMC::is_white_reflect()
DagMC::get_spec_reflect()
DagMC::get_white_reflect()

As far as I know, I am the only one responsible for updating client code that relies on these functions, so this change shouldn't be a burden to anyone else.  However, please let me know if the removal of these functions will be a problem for you, or if you need more information about the change in the metadata standard.
~S