[MOAB-dev] one more get_coord option

Lorenzo Alessio Botti bottilorenzo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:03:40 CDT 2012

Hi all,
I have a request regarding the get_coord() interface function.

Would it be possible to add a method like the following

ErrorCode get_coords( const EntityHandle* entity_handles,
                                           const int num_entities,
                                           double* x_coords,
                                           double* y_coords,
                                           double* z_coords )

This would allow me to get the coords in contiguous chunks for a set of ordered entity handles.
Have I missed an obvious way to do such a thing using the actual interface?

Clearly I can call

ErrorCode get_coords( const EntityHandle* entity_handles,
                                           const int num_entities,
                                           double* coords)

and then reorganize the coords as I like... but the addition would allow me to save some time.

Hope not to have bothered you with such a subtle request.
Thanks for help.

Lorenzo