[MOAB-dev] Question about TRIs and TETs

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 27 10:52:00 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
| Hi Graeme,
| Can you describe strictly in mesh terms (w/o implementation details)
| what you're trying to do? From your
| description, I'm uncertain whether you're trying to a) split one face
| into two, each seeing one of the tets bounded by
| the original, or b) split one edge into two edges, at the same time
| splitting the connected tris and tets to maintain a
| conformal mesh. Once you've described that, we can talk about how that
| should be implemented on top of MOAB.
| Thanks.
| - tim
Ouch, I didn't think at it like that. In a previous message, I think you were trying to create cracks along faces/edges of existing tetras. I didn't think that you were splitting tetrahedrons. Are you ? for sure, it would make more sense to split tetrahedrons, so the crack can grow in any direction, not only where the mesh boundaries/faces between tetrahedrons are. Iulian