[MOAB-dev] Incoming change: ParallelComm constructor will now require MPI communicator

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 12 16:01:11 CDT 2012

Hi all,
   I'm going to commit soon a change to ParallelComm that removes the default value for the communicator passed into
ParallelComm's constructor.  The calling code will therefore need to pass a communicator to this constructor, even if
it's MPI_COMM_WORLD.  Note that if an application requests parallel reading by specifying PARALLEL=... in the options
string, a parallel-compiled version of MOAB will still work, and will use MPI_COMM_WORLD if no communicator index is
specified (with the COMM= option).  In effect, the only application code that should have to change is any code creating
their own ParallelComm object that right now doesn't pass a communicator; that code will now have to pass MPI_COMM_WORLD
explicitly.

Let me/us know if you have any problem incorporating this change into your code.

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.