[MOAB-dev] mbzoltan with sets of ents or tagged ents partitioning

Lorenzo Alessio Botti ihabiamx at yahoo.it
Fri May 4 05:09:36 CDT 2012

Dear all,
I attach a version of mbzoltan capable of partitioning based on tagged entities or set of entities.
Maybe there are smarter and more efficient ways of handling such a thing and I'll be grateful for any suggestion.
I hope that this version will be included in future MOAB releases.

I introduced three new command line options
-x partition based on tagged meshsets
-y partition based on tagged ents
-a specify the aggregating tag of meshsets or ents, default to PARALLEL_PARTITION if -x or -y is present

I have also fixed a small bug which was preventing from getting the "auto" mode in the zoltan PHG partitioning method, resulting in an error
Hypergraph (or PHG):
Computing partition using PHG method for 32 processors...
[0] Zoltan ERROR in Zoltan_PHG_Set_Part_Options (line 111 of ./phg/phg_Vcycle.c):  Invalid PHG_COARSEPARTITION_METHOD.
[0] Zoltan ERROR in Zoltan_PHG (line 552 of ./phg/phg.c):  Error partitioning hypergraph.
[0] Zoltan ERROR in Zoltan_LB (line 394 of ./lb/lb_balance.c):  Partitioning routine returned code -1.
Partitioner failed!
  Error code: MB_FAILURE (16)

It looks like further options for PHG were set using the other_method argument in partition_mesh(..., other_method,...) in oldest mbzoltan versions.
This is not possible in the latest implementation so I commented out the offending lines in MBZoltan.cpp.
However, since the other_method argument is used to set options for other partitioning methods, I kindly ask you take a decision on this point.