[MOAB-dev] Problems with remove_adjacencies

Graeme Edwards g.edwards.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Thu May 3 10:48:29 CDT 2012

Hi there,

I am having a problem with remove adjacencies so was wondering if I could get some help/advice.

Basically I am working on a fracture mechanics problem so am looking to insert a crack into a mesh.  As such I am splitting elements (tetrahedrons) along their faces.  When I do this I insert a new node into the mesh and change the connectivity of some tets (along with their corresponding faces and edges).  However, at this point I need to remove adjacencies which are still present across the crack face and for some reason when I am doing the remove_adjacencies function nothing is happening.  I have done get_adjacencies directly after this function to check if it was being removed and it isn't.

So I was wondering if meshsets affect the implementation of remove_adjacencies or if there is any other advice you could give me regarding this function?

Regards

Graeme

Graeme A. Edwards

PhD Student - Materials & Mechanics Research Group

School of Engineering

University of Glasgow
Rankine Building
Oakfield Avenue