[MOAB-dev] exchange tags over interface entities

Lorenzo Alessio Botti ihabiamx at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 7 04:23:47 CST 2012

>> What I need is to have two different global ids over each interface entity,
>> one global id created by the owner and one created by the (unique) sharer,
>> where the same intereface entity is not owned, and then communicated to the owner.
>>
> Is this because you are putting different data in those locations?

Yes, my goal is to create a PETSc ghosted vector to communicate the shape function evaluations
at the interface quadrature points.
Since I'm working with agglomerated elements, this way I can avoid agglomerated elements ghost cells
meaning a lot of (an unpredictable lot of) layers of sub cells.

By the way, I've read your last paper on Journal of Scientific Computing about efficient nonlinear solvers. Very interesting!
The low order preconditioner with AMG seems to work great.

Greetings
Lorenzo