[MOAB-dev] exchange tags over interface entities

Lorenzo Alessio Botti ihabiamx at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 6 12:45:23 CST 2012

Hi all,
I have a question about exchanging tags in parallel.
I guess I'd need to create a layer of ghost interface (dim-1) entities that replicates the behavior of ghost (dim) cells.
In particular what I need is a global id for interface entities which is independent of the owning processor.
And of coarse each interface entity should be able to know the global id of his ghost interface entity.
Is it possible?

Another possibility would be to communicate tag values over non_owned interface entities towards owned interface entities.
A sort of exchange_tags that works on the opposite direction. Is it possible in some way?

Thanks a lot for help.
Lorenzo