[MOAB-dev] iMesh/MOAB serialization

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 25 10:34:50 CST 2012

Check out src/parallel/moab/ParallelComm.hpp, it already might have the functionality that you need (sending tags and
sets between procs, broadcasting the model, etc).  If nothing else, there are functions there for packing sets, tags and
entities in messages.  For reading/writing portions of the mesh, some of the readers/writers support this, WriteNCDF or
WriteVtk.

- tim

On 02/25/2012 10:20 AM, Christopher Mueller wrote:
> Hi Tim/all,
>
> We will be moving mesh and Tag data via messaging between processes from memory to memory. We see this as a need to
> marshall the imesh/moab structures in whole and in part over a message stream. I was wondering if you could help me
> understand how we would go about implementing our own serialization/deserialization strategy. The src/io directory seems
> to be the repository of existing I/o strategies; where are the interfaces for integrating a new I/O mechanism? The
> messaging protocol supports the typical set container classes, and handle based referencing.
>
> Also are there utilities for slicing (writing/reading portions of) the mesh?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.