[MOAB-dev] Questions about Tags and Topology

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:35:55 CST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 15:20 -0500, Christopher Mueller wrote:
> Ahh – ok.  I almost had it – I tried setting adjTable using a whole
> 4x4 numpy.array - but I neglected to try using a whole 4x4 python
> array.

That should work:

>>> mesh = iMesh.Mesh()
>>> adj = mesh.adjTable
>>> adj
array([[7, 4, 4, 1],
       [1, 0, 5, 5],
       [1, 5, 0, 5],
       [1, 5, 5, 7]], dtype=int32)
>>> adj[1,1] = 1
>>> mesh.adjTable = adj
>>> mesh.adjTable
array([[7, 4, 4, 1],
       [1, 7, 5, 5],
       [1, 5, 0, 5],
       [1, 5, 5, 7]], dtype=int32)

However, note that when you set the adjTable, you won't necessarily get
the same thing back. The table is modified to use whatever works best
for MOAB while still meeting your requirements, if possible.

Also, you can use the enum values in iBase to refer to these, e.g.
iBase.AdjCost.unavailable.

- Jim