[MOAB-dev] Questions about Tags and Topology

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:13:23 CST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 15:05 -0500, Christopher Mueller wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>

> I've grabbed revision r5398 and re-installed pytaps.  The error I was
> getting before ("AttributeError: attribute 'adjTable' of
> 'itaps.iMesh.Mesh' objects is not writable") no longer occurs (which
> suggests that the re-install worked), I still seem to be unable to
> modify the values of the table.  Am I doing something foolish?

You'll need to set the whole table, like so:

mesh.adjTable = [[0,0,0,0], [0,0,0,0], [0,0,0,0], [0,0,0,0]]

Currently, you're getting a *copy* of the adjTable and changing the
values, which won't affect the original. If there's a lot of demand for
setting individual elements of the adjTable, I can add that, but it's
quite a bit more complicated than what I have now.

- Jim