[MOAB-dev] Parallel iZoltan file for MOAB?

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 25 09:22:24 CST 2012

As we've discussed before, there's currently no spec-approved file format for parallel loading.  The current parallel
itaps tests are hardwired to load implementation-specific files.  Until we have a spec-approved format, the same will
have to be done for the iZoltan test.

Also, at one point I requested an option in iZoltan to write the partitioning results to sets instead of entity-based
tags.  That can be a big memory savings for MOAB, and is in some ways a more appropriate use of the data model (that's
my opinion, anyway).  Until we have that, we'll have to continue to maintain and use exclusively MOAB's mbpart tool.

- tim

On 01/24/2012 06:13 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Yeah, I think it is in the ITAPS repo under interfaces/iMeshP/data.
> There should be a .h5m file there generated from the
> MOAB_iMeshP_unitTest.
>
> Mark
>
> On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 14:20 -0800, James Porter wrote:
>> At the ITAPS telecon last week, we discussed the weekly test results (as
>> usual). One thing that came up was the parallel iZoltan tests, which
>> we're currently failing[1]. We think the issue is that we need a file
>> which MOAB can understand. Any ideas on the file we should be using for
>> this?
>>
>> - Jim
>>
>> [1] https://itaps.mcs.anl.gov/resultsp.20120118/IZOLTANP_MOAB.results

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.