[MOAB-dev] Creating vertices and putting them in sets.

Robert Jacob jacob at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 21 19:53:27 CST 2011

Hi again,

Assuming I get my Fortran program working, I want to make sure it will
do what I intend and that I have the concepts straight.

I want to create a couple of sets of vertices, numEl in each set:

So first call:
iMesh_createVtxArr(...,numEl,...,vetexHandle1,...)

Then put the vertices in an entity set:
iMesh_CreateEntSet(...,set1,...)
iMesh_addEntArrToSet(...,vertexHandle1,...,set1,...)

Then inquire to make sure there's NumEl vertices:
iMesh_getNumofType(...,set1,iBase_VERTEX, num_vts1,...)

Then I'll repeat those 4 calls but with vertexHandle2, set2, num_vts2

At the end, num_vts1 and num_vts2 should each equal NumEl.  Right?

Currently, num_vts1 is NumEl and then num_vts2 is 2*NumEl.  That would
make sense (to me) if I was inquiring on the root_set.  Unless I'm
missing something.

Thanks,
Rob