[MOAB-dev] vertex to cell adjacencies in parallel

Lorenzo Alessio Botti bottilorenzo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 04:05:50 CDT 2011

Hi all,
I have a question about getting adjacencies in parallel.

After having partitioned a mesh, resolved shared entities and exchanged ghost cells I fail to
update the mesh cell adjacencies so to include ghost cells.

The face to elements adjacencies are correctly updated, that is the faces obtained with
pcomm.get_iface_entities(1,2,faces);   (I'm running on 2 processors)
have two neighbors one owned and one non owned.

However the vertex to cell adjacencies do not seem to be updated to include ghost cells
and even after
  mb.get_entities_by_dimension(0,3,entities);
  mb.get_adjacencies(entities, 0, true, vertexEntities, Interface::UNION);
  entities.clear();
  mb.get_adjacencies(vertexEntities, 3, true, entities, Interface::UNION);
I'm not able to find vertex to not owned cells adjacencies.

Is get_adjacencies(...,create if missing=true,...) supposed to work also for non owned cells?
It seems that the vertex to non owned cell adjacencies are detected but not created.

Overall MOAB works fine in parallel and pcomm.assign_global_ids(...) is useful.
Are you also planning to introduce some repartitioning capabilities?
For my application it would be very interesting to be able to partition based on entity sets.

Thanks for help.
Lorenzo