[MOAB-dev] "file id" in parallel writing

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 27 15:43:57 CDT 2011

Each entity in the file gets a file id, and file ids are allocated out of a 0..N-1 range; all entities of all types,
including sets, are given file ids out of that range.  See the hdf5 writeup on the MOAB wiki for details.

If you're seeing a problem with file ids, I'd guess that the sharing information is corrupt in some way.

- tim

On 09/27/2011 02:54 PM, Hong-Jun Kim wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> In parallel writing, can I ask what "file id" means?
>
> I have an error when "exchange_file_ids" function is called in "WriteHDF5Parallel", but I have no idea what "file id" means, which is matched and stored in "WriteHDF5::idMap" for all interface entity handles.
>
> Is it remote handle of entity handle?
> If it is true, how is it stored for multi-shared entities just with one map?
>
> Thanks.

> Hong-Jun Kim
> Post-doc researcher
> MCS, Argonne National Laboratory
> 9700 S. Cass Ave. B240/R2147
> Argonne, IL 60439
> 630-252-4791
> hongjun at mcs.anl.gov

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.