[MOAB-dev] iMesh_setAdjTable() causes error in iMesh_load()

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 9 10:20:25 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 15:58, Jed Brown < jed at 59a2.org > wrote:
>

> I set the adjacency table to iBase_AVAILABLE for the diagonal entries,
> then load a file (e.g. he6.h5m from Iulian). This worked a couple
> weeks ago, but now I get an error:
>
> iMesh(9) iBase_INVALID_ENTITY_COUNT: ( MOAB Error Code:
> MB_TYPE_OUT_OF_RANGE)!
>
> This still isn't fixed, so I've been using r4789 which I thought was
> functional. Unfortunately, I still can't write out the "real" mesh
> files because iMesh_save() fails with iBase_NOT_SUPPORTED. I know I
> used this a few weeks ago, but I don't know if it was before or after
> I updated and then retreated part way to r4789. It's possible that my
> code is putting something different into the mesh now, but I don't
> think so. Is there a way I can get more information, like *why*
> iMesh_save() is not supported in this case, but works fine for simple
> files?

he6.h5m is a file that should contain only hexas and the skin organized in 3 neumann sets (bottom, top and lateral quads)
Are you loading it with iMesh, and then saving it again?

Can you do an
mbconvert he6.h5m newhe6.h5m ?

The new one will be stripped down to bare essentials (the sets should be preserved)

Maybe it is something wrong in he6.h5m, although I can't say what.

Iulian