[MOAB-dev] some questions

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 20 15:00:19 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On 04/20/2011 02:30 PM, Iulian Grindeanu wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have some questions:
> > When we delete mesh ( Interface::delete_mesh() ), we are deleting
> > also the tag data. But when I reload a mesh file in the same
> > session, it seems that some tags are still there (or tag info?)
> > I am a little confused.
>
> The tag data (per entity tag values) is deleted. The tag definitions
> (type,
> size, name, etc.) are not.

Hi Jason,
But this still does not explain why the sequence
load, delete, load again the same file (PB.h5m, for example) fails. It must be something with the file.

(it does not fail for tree.h5m file in kd_tree_test.cpp)

> > For some files though, I have an error
> > for example mbconvert shell.h5m PB.h5m output.vtk will give an error
> > when loading the second file
> > (if I do mbconvert PB.h5m shell.h5m output.vtk, the error is again
> > when loading the second input file)
> >

> If the two files contain different definitions for a tag with the same
> name
> (different type or size), then reading of the second file will fail.
> Similarly, reading any file with a tag definition that conflicts with
> MOAB's
> default tag definitions (GLOBAL_ID, ENTITY_NAME, etc.) will fail.
>
> - jason

reading the first time is fine. Is there something about reading the same tags (definitions) again?

Iulian