[MOAB-dev] some questions

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 20 14:30:39 CDT 2011

Hello,
I have some questions:
When we delete mesh ( Interface::delete_mesh() ), we are deleting also the tag data. But when I reload a mesh file in the same session, it seems that some tags are still there (or tag info?)
I am a little confused.
In this scenario:

 mb-> load_file(file1);
 mb->delete_mesh();
 mb->load_file(file1);

there are errors loading the second time, for some specific file (shell.h5m)

I suspect that the errors come from sense tags (variable size tags)

Also, we can do mbconvert <multiple files> one_output_file

This works fine most of the time, for example

mbconvert file1.vtk file2.vtk output.vtk

You can even repeat the input files
mbconvert file1.vtk file1.vtk output.vtk

For some files though, I have an error
for example mbconvert shell.h5m PB.h5m output.vtk will give an error when loading the second file
(if I do mbconvert PB.h5m shell.h5m output.vtk, the error is again when loading the second input file)

I think the errors come from the same place, sense tags, but I did not investigate very deep.

Did I do something wrong with these files, when I generated them?

The files are in moab and meshkit repository, respectively
MOAB/MeshFiles/unittest/PB.h5m
MeshKit/data/shell.h5m

Thanks,
Iulian