[MOAB-dev] buildbot failure in moab-distcheck: failed compile

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 20 07:47:50 CDT 2011

On 04/20/2011 12:27 AM, moab-dev at mcs.anl.gov wrote:

>   Fathom <http://gnep.mcs.anl.gov:8010/>: moab-distcheck
>   <http://gnep.mcs.anl.gov:8010/builders/moab-distcheck> build #476
>   <http://gnep.mcs.anl.gov:8010/builders/moab-distcheck/builds/476>
>
> *Results:*	failed compile
> *Buildslave:*	gnep
> *Revision:*	None
> *Reason:*	The Nightly scheduler named 'nightly' triggered this build
>

>     Log Excerpt

> ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
> ./test/output.h5m

Iulian,

I'm guessing that this was due to your changes as you were the last person
to check in testing code to MOAB.  Apologies if I'm mistaken in that assumption.

This error is because the automake expects (rightly) that 'make clean' will
clean up all files generated by building and testing, including any output
files generated by tests.  If you don't expect to be looking at this output
file much in the future (e.g. you're writing the file so you can check that
it was written correctly by reading it back in), then the best solution is
probably to call remove(filename) before your test exits.  If that is not
acceptable, then the other solution is to add the file name to the
MOSTLYCLEANFILES variable in the Makefile.am.