[MOAB-dev] r4711 - MOAB/trunk/src

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 4 11:05:00 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Are you certain it's the case that the face uses the edge twice, or is
> the code just adding one sense one time and
> another another time, and they happen to be different? I want to make
> sure it's actually a both-type sense, rather than
> the same edge-face inclusion being entered twice.
>
> - tim

Hi Tim,
So the code does not check if those senses are added "at the same time"
So, in ReadCGM we loop over edges, (start at line 287 in ReadCGM.cpp), and we loop over faces for each edge.
we could check here if we really want to add both senses in the same face, for a particular edge
(when I put the breakpoint in at line 620  in GeomTopoTool.cpp:       senses[idx]=SENSE_BOTH;,
the backtrace shows this is the case, for the cases I checked;
 there are at least 2 faces with edges with BOTH_SENSE, in the model sent by Steve, iter_vol.sat, 0xb0001853, 0xb0001854 / these are the moab sets )