[MOAB-dev] NAME_TAG_SIZE value?

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 11 16:41:11 CST 2010

On 11/11/2010 04:01 PM, Rajeev Jain wrote:
> Well, for the purposes of converting a big mesh file from one format to
> the other, I was using a NAME_TAG_SIZE larger than 32.
> At one point I had to change this (locally) size to a size much larger
> than 64.

This should be independent of the size of the mesh file.  Problems
should arise only if individual names are longer than 32 characters.
What kind of failures are you seeing?  Is there a serious bug somewhere
or are the names just truncated to 32 characters?

> I think, I should handle this change locally and revert the change
> below, to keep things in-order.

Now that we've had this change in the repository we run the risk of
having the same problem with newer files if we revert the size to 32 bytes.