[MOAB-dev] ReadCGM question

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:59:55 CDT 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 15:53 , Jason Kraftcheck wrote:

> On 11/03/2010 03:43 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:
>

>> * I think it would it be more correct to replace GEOMETRY_RESABS with
>> faceting_tol, i.e. the tolerance value that was used in calling
>> edge->get_graphics().  Does anyone disagree?
>
> Perhaps you could change it to be the merge tolerance.  Merging is
> (hopefully) the source of such warnings.

You anticipated my next question, which was why this error was happening.  (I.e. do I blame the geometry, or blame the faceting engine?) I don't know of a way to get at the merge tolerance from the context of the error, since merging is done to a geometry before ReadCGM gets access to it.  But perhaps when this error is prevalent, it suggests that the geometry was created with a bad choice of merging tolerance?
~S