[MOAB-dev] Vertex-vertex adjacencies in iMesh?

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Fri May 28 12:01:51 CDT 2010

On 05/28/10, Tim Tautges  <tautges at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> One counter-argument you'll get is that you'll have to filter for duplicates anyway, since when you loop over entities and get their adj vertices, you'll definitely get duplicates in that union.

I was hoping to use iMesh_getAdjEntIndices for that, which filters duplicates for me already, but I can only do that if I can get all the vertices back in a single call, which I can't currently.

> You are indeed preaching to the choir here.  But I would encourage you to bring it up in the ITAPS context.  Even though your opinion will be discounted 'cuz you work for me, at least putting the question out there and describing how it's motivated by a real application will lend it at least some weight.

I'll see if I can come up with a few more use-cases, and then I'll post something to the ITAPS list. I've also got a list of other ITAPS grievances that I'll talk about (some other time though). They're mostly iGeom and iRel things, so hopefully people will be a little more open to changes.

- Jim