[MOAB-dev] Reader/Writer filename extension access

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 14:14:41 CDT 2010

Oops, forgot to add the important caveat that you'd only be asking about known extensions, and would only get back the
indication that the reader/writer was registered to handle that extension, not that it would successfully read any file
with that extension.

- tim

Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> Tim Tautges wrote:
>> I think sometimes you want to know ahead of time which will be used.
>>

> But sometimes MOAB doesn't know until after the file is read.  The most
> robust way to implement something like this would probably be to have each
> file reader implement a virtual function that checks whether or not the file
> is the correct format for the reader based on file internals.  Then provide
> some MOAB API to access that.  Perhaps an option to load_file that instructs
> it to only create the set tagged with the file type but not read in any data.
>
> - jason

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.