[MOAB-dev] Getting ent set data when tag_size > 1

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Fri Apr 16 15:27:36 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 13:34 -0500, Tim Tautges wrote:
> Jed Brown wrote:
> > There ought to be get/setEntSetArrData (in fact, I would only expose the
> > array interface because the single-tag versions are crippled and not
> > more usable).
>
> Agreed.  I'll put that on the list of extensions to write, and will propose it to itaps (nobody else really uses sets in
> any serious way, so that's probably why it hasn't come up there).

Attached is what I personally would like to see in terms of interface.

Main points:
* No type-specific functions (uses void* everywhere)
* get/set functions that take in arrays of entity sets
* get/set functions for arrays of entities/sets take a storage order

It would be pretty easy to write type-specific wrappers for these, which
I think is the best way to go.

- Jim