[MOAB-dev] create ray_intersect_all_sets function

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 5 15:00:14 CDT 2010

hongjun at mcs.anl.gov wrote:

> To find all surface sets intersected (including multiple hits for one
> surface set), I have to give large tolerance. If it is not, it just find
> the first intersections for each surface set.

Specifying a large tolerance to obtain all intersections is a suboptimal
solution.  You might as well just test all of the triangles against the ray.

However, rather than adding 200 lines of duplicated functionality, why not
just fix the existing code such that it can return multiple intersections.
For example, see the attached patch.