[MOAB-dev] MBCN bug with Fortran

Wollaber, Allan B. awollaber at anl.gov
Tue Mar 30 13:06:46 CDT 2010

To Whom it May Concern:

I have just updated our installed version of MOAB to match what's in the repo and I got a linking error (object not found) for the FORTRAN interface of the MBCN functions (such as MBCN_VerticesPerEntity).  I traced this to the following macro definition error in moab/src/MBCN_protos.h: the preprocessor macro MBCN_FC_FUNC_ never gets defined, so the interfaces in moab/src/MBCN.h never get exposed. After replacing MBCN_FC_FUNC_ with MOAB_FC_FUNC_ , everything works fine.  Since it looks like these files are generated in the configure process, it's possible that this is a simple fix (just add MBCN_FC_FUNC_ to wherever MOAB_FC_FUNC_ is getting set).

Thanks,
- Allan