[MOAB-dev] Redundant -L/usr/lib causing problems

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Feb 24 09:53:36 CST 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:37:59 -0600, Jason Kraftcheck <kraftche at cae.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Your configure line was:
>
> ../configure --prefix=/home/jed/usr/ --enable-debug --enable-shared \
>  --enable-mbconvert --enable-mbsize --enable-mbtagprop --enable-mbzoltan \
>  --enable-imesh=nofortran --with-hdf5=/usr --with-zoltan=/usr \
>  --with-parmetis=/usr --with-netcdf=/usr --with-mpi=/usr \
>  CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx F77= FC= QTDIR=/opt/qt
>
> If you don't want /usr/lib to be in the list if link paths, then don't
> specify default system directories to the configure arguments.  If the HDF5
> and NetCDF libraries are in default search locations, you shouldn't need to
> specify any option for them.  The configure script will automatically find
> and use them.

That's nice (though a bit nonstandard in that the user needs to be
careful when to make MOAB guess and when to specify), but autoconf for
zoltan and parmetis don't handle this properly:

  configure: error: "yes/include : not a directory"

  configure: WARNING: "Guessing '/usr/lib'"
  configure: error: "yes: not a directory"

I reran autoreconf -fi, I'll send you logs if you need.

Jed