[MOAB-dev] Which autotools command to run?

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 5 13:11:57 CST 2010

[Sending to moab-dev list instead, since it will affect any outside users too]

Note, I'm planning on reorganizing the MOAB source tree *before* we release in a month or so.  I'll start another
discussion thread to this list with possible directory structure, which everyone can then comment on.

- tim

Dmitry Karpeev wrote:
> For example, in PETSc we have examples/ with tutorials/ and tests/
> underneath it.
> Another such directory could be extras/ or contrib/ or something like that.
> Clearly, this is not the only way to organize things, but just about
> any way we go about
> it should save time/effort in the future by providing a template. The
> current tools/ directory
> is a pretty good example of how to build add-ons.
>
> Another question: should that directory (or directories) be included
> in the main MOAB source tree?
>
> Dmitry.
>
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Dima Karpeyev <karpeev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bob,
>> Which subdirectory are you using for your tests?
>> I'm doing something similar for performance benchmarking.
>> Would it make sense to establish a single directory (with subdirs
>> underneath it) for this purpose?
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Dmitry.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Robert Smith <smithrm at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>> I'm a little new to the autotools.  I want to add some new test programs to
>>> a subdirectory of MOAB.
>>> I've created the files and modified the Makefile.am to properly build the
>>> files.
>>>
>>> Which command(s) do I need to run in the top level MOAB directory to rebuild
>>> the makefiles?
>>> Do I need to do configure again with the same arguments?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.