[MOAB-dev] moab.make

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 2 14:27:48 CST 2009

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk wrote:
> Hello
>
> In installed lib directory a moab.make file is created. In my case it
> looks like that:
> MOAB_LIBDIR = /Users/likask/MyBuild/src/moab-svn/trunk/.libs
> MOAB_INCLUDEDIR = /Users/likask/MyBuild/src/moab-svn/trunk
> -I/Users/likask/MyBuild/src/moab-svn/trunk
>
> MOAB_CXXFLAGS = -g -O3 -Wall -pipe -O2 -DNDEBUG
> MOAB_CFLAGS = -g -O3 -Wall -pipe -O2 -DNDEBUG
> MOAB_LDFLAGS = -L/Users/likask/MyBuild/netcdf-4.0.1_darwin/lib
> -L/Users/likask/MyBuild/hdf5-1.8.3_darwin/lib
>
> MOAB_INCLUDES = -I$(MOAB_INCLUDEDIR)
>
> MOAB_LIBS_LINK = ${MOAB_LDFLAGS} -L${MOAB_LIBDIR} -lMOAB -lm  -lhdf5
> -lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf
> MOAB_LIBDIR=/Users/likask/MyBuild/moab-svn_darwin/lib
> MOAB_INCLUDEDIR=/Users/likask/MyBuild/moab-svn_darwin/include
>
> This file help with configuring and creating own configuration, however
> this file lacks of same important information. Information about Zoltan
> and associated libraries is not included. Definitions are not included,
> f.e.
>  -DTEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION -DTEMPLATE_FUNC_SPECIALIZATION
>   -DUSE_MPI -DHDF5_FILE -DHDF5_PARALLEL -DNETCDF_FILE -DIS_BUILDING_MB

The lack of such things is intentional. MOAB's configuration script is
intended to facilitate building MOAB while exposing a *minimum* amount of
that configuration data to applications.  Doing otherwise may result in
conflicts with application-defined symbols and would make such things part
of the MOAB API.  If you are seeing compile errors in the MOAB-provided
headers or are having problems linking your application with MOAB, we will
certainly try to fix any such issues.  However, that fix will probably not
include exporting the details of MOAB's configure checks.