[MOAB-dev] SEEK_SET again

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 21 11:04:04 CDT 2009

Jed Brown wrote:

 IIRC, your concern when I brought this up before was that some user
> might expect that behavior when they included the header indirectly.  In
> my opinion, it's none of MOAB's business to make these sort of decisions
> for the user.  If it is causing a problem for a user, they should
> include mpi.h themselves so that they can control it's environment.

I agree that MOAB should not make such decisions for the user.  That is why
we do things the way that we do.

And if they include mpi.h before MBProcConfig.hpp then parsing of
MBProcConfig will fail because those constants are defined, regardless of
whether or not we do #define MPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK in MBProcConfig.hpp.  And
if the application includes mpi.h after MBProcConfig, then
MPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK will be defined for the mpi.h included by that
application regardless of what the application expects.

Perhaps the better solution would be to define MPICH_SKIP_MPICXX.  We don't
use the C++ API and it seems rather strange to me to include that
automatically through the C header anyway.