[MOAB-dev] MOAB build on windows

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Thu Aug 20 16:40:43 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 16:29 -0500, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> James Porter wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 15:26 -0500, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> >> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> >> typedef unsigned _int16 uint16_t
> >> #endif
> >
> > This is already in MBSysUtil.cpp, but the "hard" part is dealing with
> > non-default configurations on Windows, such as #defining
> > MOAB_FORCE_64_BIT_HANDLES. That'll probably fail since it uses int64_t
> > in MBEntityHandle.h, which isn't defined on Windows either. It looks
> > like everything that #includes stdint.h also includes MBEntityHandle.h,
> > so I think we should consolidate the inclusions/typedefs to that file.
> >

> We don't ever do MOAB_FORCE_64_BIT_HANDLES on windows.

Is there a reason we can't? (Other than the fact that it wouldn't
compile). Or is it just that it would only work on a 64-bit system and
then you wouldn't need to *force* it? In that case, replace 64 with 32,
and you'd have the same sort of problem trying to use 32-bit handles on
a 64-bit system.

Either way, I consolidated the "#include <stdint.h>"s and fixed-width
typedefs for Windows, so if we need to tweak them later (not likely)
they're all in one place (MBEntityHandle.h.in).

- Jim