[MOAB-dev] MOAB build on windows

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Thu Aug 20 16:01:09 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 15:26 -0500, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> typedef unsigned _int16 uint16_t
> #endif

This is already in MBSysUtil.cpp, but the "hard" part is dealing with
non-default configurations on Windows, such as #defining
MOAB_FORCE_64_BIT_HANDLES. That'll probably fail since it uses int64_t
in MBEntityHandle.h, which isn't defined on Windows either. It looks
like everything that #includes stdint.h also includes MBEntityHandle.h,
so I think we should consolidate the inclusions/typedefs to that file.

> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> #define finite _finite
> #endif

This also runs the risk of us redefining C99 extensions piecemeal. We
can probably do this for now, but it's something we should keep in mind
if we start using more C99 features.

- Jim