[MOAB-dev] r3046 - MOAB/trunk/tools/iMesh/python

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:34:07 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 12:43 +0200, Jed Brown wrote:
> Thanks.  I haven't checked if it's possible to make the current system
> do this, but the python stuff is being installed to $PREFIX/lib instead
> of $PREFIX/lib/python2.6/site-packages where it belongs (at least by
> default, that's how other python packages work).

I'm just going to remove the "--install-lib" option for now so that
distutils installs the libs to wherever it thinks it should. It reduces
somewhat the ability for people to customize their installs via
configure, but I'd rather the installation be less customizable as
opposed to just plain wrong.

Perhaps a better long-term solution would be separate "--FOOdir" options
for installing Python, but I'm not sure how that should work yet.

- Jim