[MOAB-dev] moab new user

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 14 11:36:46 CDT 2009

Yes, I think that will work with iMeshP too.  Note that applications
written that way won't interoperate with other implementations of iMesh,
but you probably already knew that.

Note, you probably want to make sure the MOAB instance is created
through iMesh or iMeshP, using the newMesh function; there may be static
structures in iMesh or iMeshP that wouldn't get initialized otherwise.

- tim

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk wrote:
> Hello
> I have another question.  I found useful method to access to iMesh
> interface:
> iMesh_Instance mesh;
> mesh = reinterpret_cast<iMesh_Instance>(gMB);
>
> However how it will work for partitioned meshes in MOAB? Can I use
> iMeshP when I created and partitioned mesh in MOAB? I considering to use
> mixture of C and C++ code. In C part I like to use iMesh interface and
> in C++ MOAB interface.
>
> Regards
> Lukasz
>
> On 9 Jun 2009, at 23:59, Tim Tautges wrote:
>
>> PS - they aren't basic questions if the behavior isn't documented;
>> thanks for being persistent, and keep the questions coming if you have
>> them.
>>
>> - tim
>>
>> Lukasz Kaczmarczyk wrote:
>>> Hello
>>> I start to look at parallel version. I like to know more about
>>> currently implemented futures and what you plan to do in future.
>>> "PARALLEL=READ_DELETE;"
>>> "PARTITION=GEOM_DIMENSION;PARTITION_VAL=3;"
>>> "PARTITION_DISTRIBUTE;"