[MOAB-dev] Sets that won't be written on save

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Apr 9 04:52:13 CDT 2009

I can create tags that won't be written by naming them with double
underscore.  Would it be difficult to be able to something similar with
sets?  I have sets that are specific to the domain decomposition in use,
they don't make sense in a file.  I need to write the mesh at least any
time the topology changes (and currently any time the mesh moves).  I
know of two solutions, one is to have a set (other than the root set)
which contains everything that should be written, but this seems awkward
because it's not the default.  An alternative is to keep a set of sets
that should not be written and create it's complement in the root set,
before writing to a file.  I think this is not very expensive given the
way sets are stored.  Is there a better way?  When writing only a
subset, should entities be directly in the set or just recursively so?

Jed