[MOAB-dev] Creation of parallel tags

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Feb 27 16:52:02 CST 2009

Does iMeshP intend that if I have a partition with 4 parts, and I run
with two processes, that I get two distinct (their values are different)
parts on each process, but that each part on a process has an identical
part ID?  When I then ask for the part handle, for these identical part
id's, I get only the first of the two originally assigned part handles.

This behavior would be fine (I only ever want one part per process)
except that the entities associated with the second part on each process
become unavailable through part IDs.  It seems like the intent is to
keep the parts distinct in which case they should resolve to distinct
part IDs.  Does/can MOAB support an option to iMeshP_loadAll option to
have only one part per process.

Jed